Tuesday 8 January 2013

Moors and more moors. Walks and wild camp from Hathersage.


Looking over Moscar Moor and to Bamford Moor, just under Stanage Edge. Win Hill and Lose Hill visible in the distance.
Back from my first trip out of 2013, and a great trip it was too. I tested myself on more than one score, and it wasn't all good either. Nothing too serious, but it put a bit of a dampener on part of the outing. My friend John accompanied me for a wild camp on/near Bamford Moor and a walk the next day up to and along Stanage edge.

I arrived in Hathersage on Friday, and had a shortlist of places that I knew I wanted to get to over the two days, I managed to get to a lot of them, but also saved some for next time too. I shall do a write up in the next few days, with plenty of pictures and a bit of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment