Sunday 25 May 2014

A Coastal Wild Camp (near to) Robin Hood's Bay

The two tents over looking the sea...
This was a quick wild camp, if there is such a thing. We had the destination, and it didnt involve much walking. As a result, there isn't much of a story to tell other than the pictures here and the fact that, while a humble camp - it was an amazing one...

I won't be disclosing the exact location of this spot. In all honesty, if you walk along the coast in between two particular towns, you're bound to find it with a keen eye. Hopefully it won't become inundated with people creating mounds of litter, barrages of noise, and open fires. That said, it is an incredible spot and one that I am making sure I return to.

It's quite a short walk from the nearest pub, and takes the route of a well established path...
As the sun goes down, the North Sea coast looks amaing.
After the sun has long since gone, if the sky is clear, there is an absolute treat of a night sky...
The cliffs cast a beautiful silhouette, and if you keep an eye out you can see ships dropping nets throughout the night...

I ended up waking at around 4.30am, but ended up falling back to sleep and missing the sunrise...

I cannot do this view justice with mere words...

As nice as the view is on a fine day, I think I'd even enjoy watching a storm from here...


Wayne was testing his MSR Nook copy, while I was in my trusty Karrimor Elite Ridge 2...
The Karrimor Elite Ridge 2 over looking the North Sea...

No comments:

Post a Comment